Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm Not Afraid!

It's been a busy couple of months! But God has been so good! I recently started working for my mom part time making calls for her company. At first I didn't want to do it, but the Lord has taught me so much patience through it. THere are so many crazy dreams in my heart and sometimes I just want them to happen NOW. But I know the Lords timing is perfect! He makes us wait for a reason sometimes. Things are going great with the youth group. We recently started having a worship night once a month. Its a great thing just to worship with those that are hungry at the same time encouraging some of the youth and helping them steward their gift of worship. We have also started doing a lot of outreach. Once a month on Saturday mornings we go down to a homeless park and minister to the homeless. THis past weekend we took a group of the youth down to the 3rd ward, which is a dangerous part of Houston where people are living in poverty. Robberies, shootings are totally normal there. We went down there and walked the streets bringing the love of God to the people there. We saw healings and salvations. When we weren't ministering we had services where we trained and equipped the youth in worship, prayer and intercession. I can say that God totally gave the kids a new level of boldness and confidence. I came back from that weekend with a new fire inside of me, a renewed hope to see everything that God has promised for this city! Sometimes I get ahead of myself and I say "God, why can't I just go!?" while all the while I have already gone. I AM a missionary to this city! It doesn't matter where you are, it matters what's inside of you! I have the Spirit of the Living God inside of me...my cry is that For the sake of the world, God would burn like a fire in me!!! I'm still in the process of getting a monthly support team together so that eventually I can give myself full time to the ministry that I"m doing. I am going to Honduras in late November for about 10 days! A friend of mine has connections down there. We will be mainly hanging out with youth down there and focusing on discipleship, and also sharing the gospel! I am so thankful for what God has allowed me to do! and I'm choosing to not be afraid of the calling He has over my life, to not be afraid of where He is taking me! I'm running, running hard after Him! He proves Himself faithful over and over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment