Monday, March 11, 2013

the reason..

It's been 7 years now that I've really been walking with the Lord and through all the ups and downs I can look back and say-He is faithful. There has been hard times and really good times, but throughout everything, He has been the reason. I remember when I first fell in love with Jesus-it wasn't because I learned how to pray or because I knew what He could give me. I didn't know anything, yet I still fell in love with Him. Why? Because of how he held my heart. He drew me away and told me He loved me. It wasn't anything that I did. He CHOSE me and chose to love me unconditionally. HE IS THE REASON...for everything. He guides my every step, every decision. Sometimes I might look crazy based on the way I choose to live my life and the places I go, but I can honestly say, He is the reason. It's easy to make things so complicated when really He just wants me to love Him. His hands are wide open, ready to embrace me and give me all that is His. I just have to come to Him. I remember how I fell in love with Him the first time. I just wanted to be close to Him. I still want that, but I want to fall in love all over again-just like the first time. I want to be intoxicated with His love. I never want it to get old. I never want to just get "used" to it. He is full of beauty and splendor. He is fascinating. He calls me His friend. I think of my best friend and how I share everything with them; not only possessions, but plans and secrets. My best friends know the deep things of my heart, my weaknesses and strengths, and they still accept me and love me unconditionally. Jesus wants this with me-He wants to share His plans and His secrets with me. He wants to laugh with me and just like a friend, sit and talk with me. How simple! He just wants to be with me. This truth awakens me and exhilarates my heart! Sometimes I can feel Him looking at me and I just weep because His love is so pure, so beautiful. He's the reason I'm living, the reason I keep going, the reason I do what I do, the reason for everything. I pray that I would continue to find Him for the rest of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment